All rules are subject to change without notice. Thanks to Denver Comic Con for letting us adapt your rules.
Table of Contents
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Recommendations for Parents
- Rules for Attendees
- Rules for Volunteers
- Rules for Cosplayers
- Rules for Vendors
- Rules for Vendor Area
- Rules for Panels/Panelists
Fort Collins Comic Con is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at our event, however certain panels or vendor booths may feature topics on-par with an R-rated movie.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, etc; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the Aztlan Center, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy before, during, and after conference hours and setup. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified by a special badge color (teal). If organizers receive conflicting reports between two parties and their witnesses, both parties may be asked to leave.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
- Email address for organizers: [email protected], [email protected]
- Phone number for venue security: 970-221-6256
- Fort Collins Police Department: 970-221-6540
- SAVA (Sexual Assault Victim Assistance): 970-472-4204
- Yellow Cab Fort Collins: 970-224-2222
We expect participants to follow these rules at the conference venue and any conference-related social events.
Recommendations for Parents of Young Children
- When entering the Aztlan Center: Note the location of the Information Desk; it is a great place to meet-up in the event that you are separated.
- When entering the Aztlan Center: Note our volunteers with BLUE Fort Collins Comic Con badges with “VOLUNTEER” or “STAFF” printed on the front. These people are here to help you in the event of an emergency.
- If you become separated from your child, please notify a Fort Collins Comic Con volunteer; instruct your children to do the same.
- Any lost children will be brought to the Poudre River Public Library booth.
- Children under 12 years of age must not be unattended. If a parent/caregiver cannot be found, the conference staff will notify security.
- Please do not allow your children to run, there’s a lot of caped/winged/sharp superheroes about who might not see them.
- Children must wear shoes.
- Parents or guardians of children ages 5 and younger may wear their children’s badges if needed.
Rules for Attendees
Purchase of a Fort Collins Comic Con badge, acceptance, and use of this badge indicates agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- Your badge cannot be replaced if stolen, lost of destroyed and is valid only for the day for which it is issued.
- Your badge cannot be altered in any way (for example, removing the bar code) and will be void if done so.
- This badge is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of this badge is not permitted. Fake badges will be confiscated and you will be permabanned from future conferences.
- Unauthorized or unlawful resale or attempted resale is prohibited by law and grounds for seizure without compensation.
- Fort Collins Comic Con badges may only be purchased from the FoCoComicCon.com website and only for personal use (that is: you may not buy badges with the intent to resell them).
- Management reserves the right to revoke/refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the show, venue and all applicable laws, without refund.
- NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES.
- Badge holder assumes all risk and danger or personal injury, damage to property, including death, and all other hazards arising from, or related in any way to, the event for which the badge is issued, caused by negligence, gross negligence, or otherwise, and the holder releases Fort Collins Comic Con, any and all sponsors, employees, volunteers and its agents from any and all liabilities/claims resulting from such risk, danger, damage, injury or death.
- Badge holder consents to the use of his/her image or likeness by media now known or hereafter devised for advertising, sale and/or other promotional purposes. If you have a Comic Con badge on, plan on that you might be in a few photos by either conference staff or other attendees.
- Badge holder agrees to not take pictures or video where posted as prohibited.
- Fort Collins Comic Con is a zero tolerance zone for harassment.
- No signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. No other signs of any kind (conference staff has final say).
- You must wear shoes.
- Water bottles are allowed. Stay hydrated.
- Do not cut any lines.
- Be respectful to you fellow con-goers.
- If you or someone near you needs help, alert a Fort Collins Comic Con volunteer right away.
- Fort Collins Comic Con is a family-friendly conference. Please watch the swear words (particularly around children).
Rules for Volunteers
- Your actions reflect on Fort Collins Comic Con. If your behavior does not reflect well on our event, you will be ejected from the Con.
- You must wear your badge at all times, even when outside.
- Volunteer Coordinators Rachel, Kelsey, and Yvonne are your first and last point of contact for any questions, concerns, or comments.
- When in doubt, always send your question up the chain. If an attendee feels harassed or threatened, you should report it to Rachel, Kelsey, or Yvonne or the closest STAFF member and escort the attendee to the volunteer break area.
- If you do not feel safe while performing your volunteer assignment, leave the area immediately and inform Volunteer Coordinators Rachel, Kelsey, or Yvonne.
Rules for Cosplayers
- All costumes must be PG-friendly, have shoes (with a hard sole), and ensure all private parts are substantially covered/undergarments are worn. Minimum skin coverage rule of thumb: 30% (Borat swimsuit and/or pasties and a g-string does not constitute an acceptable cosplay).
- Prop weapons MUST be rendered completely inoperable, clearly distinguishable at a cursory glance from a real weapon, and totally, utterly incapable of harming the badgeholder or another attendee. Also:
- Projectiles (including weapon ammo like airsoft pellets, BBs, and arrows) are strictly forbidden.
- Firearm props must have a clearly visible orange cap on the barrel.
- Metal and ceramic weapons are not allowed (including bladed weapons, swords, knives, or sharpened edges of any kind).
- Prop weapons must be made of lightweight materials such as foam, cardboard, or plastic.
- Sharpened edges of any kind are not allowed, including on armor, shields, or other tools.
- Bats and heavy blunt instruments (cricket, baseball, golf clubs, paddles, furniture legs, etc) are not allowed – however facsimiles made of lightweight material may be allowed (e.g.: if you paint a hollow, plastic baseball bat to look like a real bat, and it’s very clearly fake and incapable of causing harm, we’ll have no problem with that).
- All props must be peacebonded by Fort Collins Comic Con staff. After inspection, all guns will have zipties attached to the trigger to indicate it is unusable as a weapon, and safe for display. The cosplayer will be given a sticker to indicate that they have completed peacebonding. Peacebonding is mandatory. You may also be checked at any time by Fort Collins Comic Con staff.
- Props may not be brandished in a threatening manner. If you leave Fort Collins Comic Con, please put away any weapon props.
- If your costume could be confused for local law enforcement, please don’t wear that costume.
- Hate symbols or cosplay elements that could be confused for hate symbols are not allowed at Fort Collins Comic Con (badges, tattoos, etc…)
- Fort Collins Comic Con staff have the right to modify these rules on the spot to protect conference attendees and the safety of the event.
- Be courteous of other attendees when posing for photography. Do not block walkways, doors, elevators, or stairs.
- Fort Collins Comic Con, employees, volunteers, and sponsors are not responsible for damage incurred to your costume during the conference, and the staff reserves the right to ask you to change if your outfit is not acceptable.
Rules for Vendors
- All vendors must complete a Vendor Agreement before their booth purchase is finalized.
- By making a purchase for a booth spot on our website (https://fococomiccon.com/) you’re making a reservation for a booth at our event. A reservation doesn’t guarantee you a spot, a specific booth, or a specific type of booth. If we’re not able to accommodate you, we’ll refund your reservation and let you know in advance of the Con.
- Fort Collins Comic Con reserves the right to rescind/refund any booth reservation payment for any reason at any time.
- Fort Collins Comic Con will do our best to ensure that no shenanigans, antics, or Quark-like schemes befall the booth reservation process, and reserve the right to update the tools, rules, pricing, or processes at any time to best serve the interests of the Con at large.
- Fort Collins Comic Con, employees, volunteers, and sponsors are not responsible for damage incurred to your product or display during the conference or load-in, and the staff reserves the right to ask you to remove dangerous or obscene material from your booth area.
- All vendors are responsible for complying with venue policies as well as cleaning up after themselves before, during, and after the event.
Rules for Vendor Area
- If you want to commission a drawing from a particular artist, get to them as early as possible. Some artists handle their commissions first-come first-serve, some do it via lottery, some have other systems entirely. Regardless, get to your chosen artist(s) early to find out, what they do and if they have time to meet your request.
- Please do not put food or beverage containers, bags, backpacks, or anything down on an artist’s table without permission, especially not on their artwork.
- Please do not lean on an artist’s table, especially not on their artwork.
- DO NOT take photographs in the Vendor Area unless you get permission from the artist.
- Do not go behind the artist’s table unless expressly invited by the artist to do so.
- Do not obstruct an artist’s table while in Vendor Area unless you’re buying from them, or talking to them.
- If you’ve just eaten, make sure you clean your hands thoroughly before browsing through and artist’s work. Nothing gets a food stain out of paper.
Rules for Panels and Panelists
- All Panels/Session submissions are open approximately 4-5 months before the date of the Con. All panels will be selected and panelists notified at least a month before the date of the Con. Fort Collins Comic Con staff makes all final decisions with regards to programming and scheduling, no whining. Space is limited.
- All Panels/Sessions should end 10 minutes before the next panel begins. No exceptions will be possible as we have a strict schedule to adhere to and rooms need to be readied for the next presenters.
- All Panel/Session rooms are equipped with a table, digital projector, and screen. We should have universal connectors but to be safe bring your own.
- Fort Collins Comic Con can not provide the use of computers or laptops. If you plan on having an AV presentation, please bring your own laptop with your files backed up on a USB drive. We encourage other panelists to bring a second computer in case of the blue screen of death. There is no guarantee of WiFi or Internet even though the venue does provide free WiFi (ie: if every attendee is on it, we might not have it as fast/available as you’d like).
- Fort Collins Comic Con does not encourage the use of VCRs, 16mm projectors, Xbox, PlayStations or Commodore 64s to use for your panel presentation. So don’t try.
- Fort Collins Comic Con will try to assist in specific scheduling needs on a case by case basis. So email [email protected] early and we’ll do our best.
- Fort Collins Comic Con reserves the right to adjust time and location of your panel at any time to best fit with our schedule of events. We will try and notify you 24 hours in advance of any changes in the schedule.
- A submission is not a guarantee of a presentation at Fort Collins Comic Con. We strive to give our attendees the best programming possible thus we will ensure quality of your panel/session content. So take some time, do some research, prepare and impress us with your submission.
- Videotaping or digital filming is prohibited in any panel by any attendee or panel participant, without advance permission from the person giving the panel.
- Fort Collins Comic Con does not pay speaking fees or appearance fees. Nor does it cover travel, lodging or meals of any panelist or presenter.
- Fort Collins Comic Con can not connect panel submissions and/or presenters with any of our Celebrity or Artist Guests. Attempts to contact our guests or ask for their participation in your panel(s) without Fort Collins Comic Con’s prior approval will be grounds for immediate disqualification and cancellation of our panel.
- Approved panels will be allotted a free day-pass for the day of the panel only, for a maximum of 2 panelists, including the moderator(s). Only panelists who participate will be granted a pass, and all panelists must participate extensively in the session. No additional free passes will be granted for any reason. Because of space limitations, we ask you make maximum use of your free badges. If you plan to attend Fort Collins Comic Con, make a day of it or hand back your badge so someone else can enjoy it. Additional passes may be purchased through the Fort Collins Comic Con website.
- Fort Collins Comic Con is a family friendly conference. We will not approve any “adult”, “after-dark”, or “explicit” content. So please keep it to PG-13 and watch the swear words (particularly around children).
- Panelists should arrive to their presentation room 20 minutes early and check in with the Room Coordinator.
- Proposals that are largely self-promotional will be strictly scrutinized and are unlikely to be approved.
- Programming submissions must be primarily educational in focus.