Monday, May 4th, 2020
5:30PM to 7:30PM
@ Library Park
Old Town Library
201 Peterson St in Fort Collins
- 5:15 PM to 5:45 PM – Check-In
- 5:45 PM to 6:00 PM – Costume Contest
- 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM – Run/Walk/Fun Stations
- 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM – Kessel Runner Awards
Join us for the After Parties:
Check out the Sock Design:
What’s This All About?
It’s not quite 12 parsecs, but the non-competitive Kessel Run run/walk will follow the block around the Library, featuring some fun activities and obstacles along Annie’s Walk (the diagonal path).
It is free to participate in the Kessel Run.
A $15 suggested donation benefits Poudre River Public Library District. A $25 donation made before April 15 will snag you a collectible pair of socks. Didn’t make the deadline? A small number of shirts will be available for purchase for $15 on-site.
Check-in begins at 5:15 PM, opening ceremonies begin at 5:45 PM with prizes for best costumes.
Here are just a few of the activity stations:
- Build Your Own Pool Noodle Lightsaber
- Death Star Trench Run
- Lightsaber Form Training
At 6 PM the Run/Walk/Activity Stations begin:
- 7.5 laps around the Library is approximately 5K. You can run, walk, skip, or levitate through the course. Please be courteous and considerate as you navigate and plan to leave the pups at home if at all possible.
- At 7:00 PM the Kessel Runners Awards ceremony begins for this year’s Kessel Runner’s Training Group and we’ll announce our candidates for next year’s group!
And… just for planning sake, 5 more things you should know:
- Cosplay is encouraged! Prop blasters should be “orange-tipped” and peace-bonded
- Parking will be VERY limited, so plan to walk in from a block or two out
- We’ll have a limited number of Kessel Run pair of socks available on-site for $15
- It’s free to participate, but you can make an optional donation which benefits the Poudre River Public Library District
- All ages/abilities welcome!
Registration is REQUIRED to participate.
(ps: Closes On 5/1 at 3PM – but you can still register on-site)
Miss out on online registration? You can still register at the run. If you want to save time, print off this form and fill it out in advance – we’ll have change and Square card readers if you’d like to donate!