Key: Blue = Power Available, Orange = Standard Booths
What’s New in 2019?
- Chairs! We provide 2 chairs with each booth as well as a plastic tablecloth.
- Load-In! Friday is open to load in from 3PM to 8PM on August 16th. There are no vendor sales hours that day.
- Hours! The Vendor Area is open 10AM to 6PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Student Artists! We’re offering a special area and booth setup for student artists.
- Find Your Booth! You’ll be assigned a booth number and the map will be updated with that number and color-coding for the types of booths available (artist alley vs electric vs standard). This map will also be posted online and to our attendees so they can find YOU. On the Friday of load-in, your booth will have the appropriately numbered and colored sticky note so you can find it that much easier!
- Booth Sitters! You’ll have access to our volunteer booth sitters in case you need to stretch your legs, go get food, or put on a panel.
- A Stocked Break Room! You’ll have access to the Volunteer, Vendor, and Panelist breakroom which is stocked with snacks, drinks, and goodies.
- What is the Booth Cost?:
- 1 standard booth = $75
- 1 electric booth = $80
- 1 student booth = $35 per artist. Each artist gets HALF of a booth (NOTE: These are SHARED booths. Example: 1 college student + 1 HS student at one table). There is a limited quantity of these booths available.
- The prices listed are for the whole event, not daily (for example, a standard booth is only $75 TOTAL for both days).
- How many booth spaces are available?: 154 (42 of which have access to power).
- How many badges are included with a booth?: 2. You may purchase up to 10 additional badges for your team for $15 each.
- Can my booth have electricity?: Yes (see the map above) – you must bring your OWN POWER STRIP AND EXTENSION CORDS. Booths with power are ALONG THE WALLS OF THE VENUE. You cannot have power if you are in an interior row.
- Does the venue have WiFi?: Yes, but you’ll want to bring your own hotspot.
- How big is the booth?: Each table is 8′ x 30″. The aisles are 8′ wide. The space between the back of tables is 9′ (that is: you have 4.5′ space behind you before the next booth begins). There is a 12″ gap between each table.
- What else is included?: Two chairs + a plastic tablecloth.
- Do I have to load in on Friday?: Exceptions may be made, but you must contact the vendor coordinator in advance to see if they will be able to accommodate you. Friday load-in is 3PM to 8PM on August 16, 2019.
- Can I split a booth?: Yes, but you’ll both need to fill out the vendor paperwork and abide by the Con rules. You cannot split a student booth (as it would result in 3 artists at one booth).
- Can I turn my booth? Yes, but we’ll swap your 8′ table with a 6′ table to do this instead so you don’t intrude on the aisle. Please let us know well in advance if this is your plan.
- Can I bring a tent? Strongly discouraged unless it’s 8’x5′ or smaller.
- Can I hang things on the wall/tape things to the floor? Yes, HOWEVER: you must use gaffer’s/painter’s tape and non-destructive material like 3M hooks for hanging things on the wall. You will be responsible for paying for any repairs due to damage in your booth area.
- Do I have to use the tables you provide? Nope. You can bring your own 8’x30″ or smaller tables (make sure they have pads on the feet). Please let us know well in advance if this is your plan.
- Is a student booth really one table that is split for two artists? Yes, two students sit at one 8′ booth – the Con team picks another student from the vendor list to sit with you, but you may request your partner if you’d like. Each student artist pays for their half of the booth and MUST be an accepted vendor in the Con This means that each student needs to fill out a waiver.